Latest news about me
- I have my Visa and the travel exception - time to get going.
- I just applied for an Australia visa and a travel exception.
- I gave a talk at the Joint meeting of the British Mathematical Colloquium and the British Applied Mathematics Colloquium.
- I gave a talk at the University of Birmingham and University of Warwick.
My best paper
This is the height of my research: Click
"There are two ways to do mathematics. The first is to be smarter than everybody else. The second way is to be stupider than everybody else - but persistent." - based on a quotation from Raoul Bott.
The cost of knowledge
Publishing ones own result is hard work. Still please
note the following.
- The cost of knowledge. Link
- Math journal prices. Link1, Link2
- Timothy Gower original blog. Link
- Elsevier's Response. Link
Also follow me here
- Mathoverflow. Link
- The n-lab. Link
- The n-category cafe. Link
- The Secret Blogging Seminar. Link
- History of Mathematics archive. Link
- Mathgen: randomly generated mathematics research papers. Link
- Database of integer sequences. Link
- Atlas of Lie groups and representations. Link
- Theorem of the day. Link
- ProofWiki. Link
- Inkscape (for pictures). Link
- MathJax. (Click for some examples.) Link
- “Caution! Functor!”. Link
- “Connections on ArXiv”. Image Original source. Link
- Periodic table of finite simple groups. Link
- Map projection transitions. Link
- The library of babel. Link